ECG Interpretation - CPD Module
Have you a group of staff to train? Our ECG CPD Module provides an introduction to ECG Interpretation for Nurses, Nurse Practitioners, Assistant Practitioners, Associate Nurses and Doctors. The module also serves as an update for more experienced staff. You will need a minimum of 10 attendees to book this option. Please contact us for a quote a Contact Us
This CPD module provides Practitioners with the skills to interpret ECGs with confidence so that they feel competent and can maintain patient safety. Suitable for all grades of staff.
Our virtual blended CPD modules consist of via our Zoom pro platform, to consolidate knowledge, followed by assessment of in practice.
For the module is equivalent to a minimum of 14 hours CPD (7 virtual, 7 online) plus hours to complete competencies in practice.
Our simple and straight forward approach to ECGs allows all practitioners to understand and utilise this skill-set. This subject tends to cause a lot of anxiety for practitioners but our approach makes it easier to understand and allows practitioners to make sound clinical decisions. Our approach uses some of the technology plus some visual assessments.
Our trainer Lee Wadsworth facilitates ECG training workshops in the UK and globally. He also facilitates the ECG training for the Preoperative Association and runs workshops at national conferences.
- Introduction and basics.
- Cardiac conduction.
- The technology.
- The Rhythm Strip.
- Sinus Rhythm.
- Sinus Bradycardia.
- Sinus Tachycardia.
- Heart blocks.
- Atrial Fibrillation.
- Bundle Branch blocks.
- Left Ventricular Hypertrophy.
- Right Ventricular Hypertrophy.
- Myocardial ischaemia.
- Myocardial infarction.
- Cardiac Axis.
- WPW, QT Prolongation.
- Understands the reasons for requesting an ECG in context of own practice.
- Able to perform an ECG competently.
- Gain understanding of cardiac conduction and function.
- Understands the anatomy of an ECG.
- Can assess the Rhythm strip for rate, rhythm and regularity.
- Understands normal values for rate, PR, QRSD and QT intervals.
- Gain good understanding of different degrees of heart block and differentiate between them.
- Able to recognise atrial fibrillation, flutter, tachyarrhythmias and ectopics on the ECG.
- Able to recognise bundle branch block and ventricular hypertrophy.
- Can recognize ischaemia and acute injury.
- Gain good understanding of the assessment and reasons for axis deviation.
- Knows how to escalate patients based on history, signs, symptoms and ECG findings.
- Recognition of common abnormalities based on time values and morphology.
- Complete competency document and quiz.