Spirometry Recording and Reporting
Spirometry is the most common of the lung function tests and is performed in both primary and secondary. In this course we offer a simple approach to the assessment of the flow volume loops, time volume curves and the numerical values. We also discuss regulation and best practice standards including preparation for ARTP Certification. This course would suit Practice Nurses or Specialist Respiratory Nurses, GPs with special interest in respiratory illness working in both primary or secondary care.
- Regulation and best-practice.
- Patient preparation.
- Recording, trouble-shooting.
- Examples of Spirometry devices.
- Terminology and measurements.
- NICE guidelines- Asthma and COPD.
- Upper and lower limits of normal.
- Global Lung Initiative Predicted Equations and Z scores.
- Obstructive patterns.
- Restrictive patterns.
- Combined patterns.
- Time volume curves.
- Flow volume loops.
- Working through examples.
- ARTP Certification.