Healthcare Assistant Preoperative Assessment - Online Course
A very warm welcome to the Preoperative Assessment Healthcare Assistant Course. This course serves as an introduction to the role of the healthcare assistant in Preoperative Assessment but also serves as update for more experienced staff. Course covers public health, medicines management, observations, Preoperative investigations & ECG recording and checklist.
The aim of this course is to provide Healthcare Assistants for safe and evidenced-based practice in Preoperative Assessment. This course has two distinct but interrelated and interdependent elements. The first been the on-line learning resources that are to follow and secondly, a competency framework that needs to be completed in clinical practice. Both elements have a clear focus high quality and safe clinical practice and are based on relevant evidence based clinical policies, guidelines and best practice.
The course content uses a variety of teaching methods to ensure that the lessons are interesting and relevant to clinical practice. You will find unique expert video presentations and relevant key resources. These learning material are essential in meeting the learning outcomes and for completing the competence framework.
The course is equivalent to 11 hours of online continuing personal development plus hours in clinical practice to develop competencies.
At the end of the on-line element of the course you will be asked to complete a quiz and an evaluation form. A certificate of completion will then be forwarded to you. You will then need to complete the competency framework with the support of a mentor/supervisor or competent colleagues within clinical practice. You are encourage to include both the certificate, learning outcomes and the completed competency framework within your professional portfolio and your work based appraisal process as evidence of your continuing professional development.
Watch our preview presentation below to find out how if all works!
- Understanding of the development of the HCA role in Preoperative Assessment. Can explain the drivers, understands the process of delegation and the RCN first steps.
- Understands the importance of the specialised knowledge and skill-set required.
- An understanding how lifestyle can affect health and outcomes from anaesthesia & surgery. Understands the role of primary care with regard to the public health agenda.
- Gain up-to-date knowledge in Medicines Management and applying this in practice under supervision.
- Be able to take an objective Preoperative Assessment history if trained and this has been delegated by a registered practitioner
- Assessing baseline observations and understands when to report to the Registered Practitioner.
- Able to implement Preoperative Assessment investigation policy under supervision from a Registered Practitioner
- Able to record and ECG effectively so that the results can be interpreted easily.
- Understands how to apply a basic checklist to an ECG so that abnormalities can be reported to the Registered Practitioner.
If you need more information about this course? - please contact us we will be very pleased to help.